KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
WHAT IS HOT SUMMER NIGHTS? Hot Summer Nights is an FREE annual three-day district-wide music and arts festival held in the Red River Cultural District located in the heart of downtown Austin. Founded in 2017, Hot Summer Nights was originally created in an effort to provide additional revenue to district members, as well as paid opportunities for musicians and artists in the traditionally slower summer months.
WHEN IS THE FEST? Hot Summer Nights returns on Thursday, July 20th – Saturday, July 22nd. Music starts in venues around 7pm-8pm nightly. However, we strongly encourage folks to arrive early, explore the District, and experience all of our awesome bars, restaurants, and food trucks.
Plus, there are a few select events occurring on Sunday, July 23rd including:
- Gospel Brunch at Stubb’s Bar-B-Q
- La Cruda at Mala Vida
- Elysium’s 80s Prom Night Closing Party
WHERE IS THE FEST? Hot Summer Nights is in the Red River Cultural District located in Downtown Austin, Texas and spans from 4th Street all the way to 15th Street.
WHO TO SEE AT HOT SUMMER NIGHTS? There are over 100 local musicians performing this summer at the festival!
WHO ORGANIZES HOT SUMMER NIGHTS? Hot Summer Nights is presented by the Red River Cultural District, an Austin nonprofit organization as well as a worldwide cultural tourism destination for authentic live music experiences that is found in the heart of downtown Austin.
The Red River Cultural District is a creative community providing authentic Austin experiences through diverse local music, art and food for every fan and guest. In an ever-changing Austin, the Red River Cultural District seeks to preserve and grow Red River’s creative, business, and music communities.
HOW DOES HOT SUMMER NIGHTS WORK? All Hot Summer Nights concerts are paid performance opportunities! The Red River Cultural District works alongside the network of venues and businesses found within the District to raise funds through corporate sponsors and individual donors.
PARTICIPATING VENUES: Venues participating in the festival are located from 6th Street starting at Flamingo Cantina, continuing all the way down Red River Street, and ending on 10th street at Mohawk.
- The 13th Floor
- Cheer Up Charlies
- Chess Club
- The Creek and the Cave
- Empire Control Room & Garage
- Flamingo Cantina
- Mala Vida
- Stubb’s Bar-B-Q
- Swan Dive
- Vaquero Taquero
HOW TO GET THERE:
**Map made by City of Austin.
- Street Parking: It’s limited but easy and convenient when using the Park ATX mobile app. You can pay, extend and manage your parking session remotely.You can use two free 15-minute parking sessions every 24 hours through the Park ATX app. Use validation codes FREE15ATX1 and FREE15ATX2.
- Downtown Evening Parking Map
- Transportation Options:
- RideShare (Uber, Lyft)
- Metro Bikes
- Need more info? Check out GetThereAtx.com!
ACCOMODATIONS: Looking to stay downtown during this year’s festival? You are in luck with several options spread across the District!
- Hotel Indigo
- Hyatt House
- Holiday Inn Express
- Hilton Garden Inn
- La Quinta Inn
HOT SUMMER NIGHTS CALL TO ACTION:
Hot Summer Nights serves as a resounding call to action, urging all music lover and new comers alike to prioritize preserving Austin’s invaluable music heritage and its significant contributions to our local economy.
As a special incentive for festival-goers this summer, fans who RSVP in advance while making a donation online of $10 or more to the Red River Cultural District using this LINK will automatically receive entry to a sweepstakes giveaway offering a number of special prizes from nearby businesses such as:
- Two tickets to any 2023 concert at Mohawk (excludes Levitation)
- $100 food/drink tab at Empire Control Room & Garage
- $100 food/drink tab at Wanderlust Wine
- Two tickets to any 2023 Resound Show* (*excluding festivals, seated ticket shows, or shows at Paramount or Stateside Theaters)
Your love for Red River through this RSVP and donation goes on to support our nonprofit organization in achieving:
- Admission-free music festivals – Free Week and Hot Summer Nights that collectively support 500+ local musicians, artists and performers each year with paid opportunities
- More than 12+ live music venues across the District, which serve as incubators for local musicians and artists and performers. These venues are a pipeline for artists careers growing from smaller rooms to larger stages and audiences.
- Hundreds of jobs in the service, tourism, music, creative and hospitality industries
- A destination for celebrating independent music venues and grassroots music